Not so long ago, enterprises that needed to reliably and affordably transfer large volumes of data at gigabit speeds had to rely on wired broadband. But now, as mobile broadband rapidly evolves, there are new wireless options—including cellular—that provide the reliability and dedicated bandwidth enterprises require.
Telit is the industry leader in mobile broadband, delivering first-to-market innovations that not only solve today’s corporate connectivity challenges but also pave the way to 5G.
With products such as the LM960A18, the world’s first global Gigabit LTE module, Telit is shaping the future of mobile broadband—and enabling our customers to design products that propel them beyond their competitors.
Telit MobileBroadband Leadership
The Evolution of Mobile Broadband
As enterprises grow and expand to new locations, they run into the limitations of wired broadband solutions. IT departments do their best to estimate network traffic, along with data usage and demand, but requirements keep changing—often unexpectedly—due to use of videos, guest networks, site expansion, IoT data, and demanding applications.
Too often, the result is frustrating performance problems and months-long delays in provisioning more bandwidth to the site.
SD-WAN Solutions: Safely connecting with distributed physical locations
The need for more bandwidth elasticity has driven the rapid evolution of broadband technologies such as software-defined wide area networks (SD-WAN), which can better serve the distributed enterprise. SD-WAN works by combining multiple branch links with intelligent traffic direction across those links—and with policy-driven WAN management—to simplify and accelerate enterprise connectivity. It can lower costs, reduce outages, and link remote locations with customized bandwidth and connectivity.
Cellular broadband can enhance SD-WAN applications by helping distributed enterprises overcome the complexity, high costs and bandwidth inflexibility of today’s wired broadband solutions, such as MPLS. Cellular broadband adds real-time, high-quality bandwidth that can serve together with cable, DSL and fiber with policy-based routing to application-specific traffic for a hybrid SD-WAN scenario.
- Enhanced visibility, scalability, performance and control for enterprise networking
- More connectivity options across geographies and underground networks
- No bandwidth penalties
- No changes to network infrastructure required
- Cost-effectiveness and upgradability through links
- Enhanced security and network-wide encryption
The evolution of mobile broadband also includes the emergence of Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS), which will soon enable enterprises to build their own private LTE networks. Imagine, for example, an airport, sports stadium or conference center that has its own wireless broadband functionality, with all contractors and departments communicating securely at unprecedented speeds—including, eventually, 5G, all leveraging standard cellular devices.
Comprehensive Mobile Broadband Services
As mobile broadband options continue to expand, we remain at the forefront with continually evolving offerings in machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the internet of things (IoT) ecosystem. Along with cellular modules, our solutions integrate non-cellular wireless standards, connectivity and platform as a service.
Our leadership in mobile broadband stems from a sustained first-to-market strategy bringing cellular networking options in lock-step with the evolution of mobile 4G and 5G networks worldwide. Our mobile broadband products leverage the benefit of R&D teams amassing more than 20 years in cellular technology development.
We deliver the highest quality, reliability and dependability in the market. As a result, major global mobile network operators partner with us regularly for new network technology rollouts and trials.
Success for the Enterprise
- IoT Platform
- Connectivity as a Service
- Market Leading Technological Capabilities
- Non-Cellular Wireless Standards
Looking ahead, you can count on Telit to continue adding new products to our mobile broadband portfolio that feature the latest technologies, including modules, 5G gigabit-speed solutions, low-power wide-area networking (LPWA) to address the full range of business use cases.
Mobile Broadband Products
As a mobile broadband leader, Telit delivers cellular modules and data cards that provide unmatched performance and reliability. Our solutions feature:
- High bandwidth and reliable performance
- Industrial-grade form factors that integrate easily with customer routers, gateways and network appliances
- Global certifications to streamline expansion into new markets
- Wide range of development tools and drivers
FN980 and FN980m
At the top of our lineup is the 5G FN980 and FN980m M.2 module, the first available in the market globally.
The Telit FN980 and FN980m data cards enable a new generation of 5G state-of-the-art data cards featuring sub-6 and mmWave (FN980m only) technologies with support for LTE, WCDMA and GNSS. These data cards empower businesses worldwide to leverage the benefits of 5G and Gigabit LTE and future-proof IoT, enterprise applications and video.
These data cards support all scenarios for 5G as prescribed by 3GPP and leverage the second generation Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G Modem-RF System to support the latest 5G deployments. The M.2 form factor is useful for high-performance and bandwidth-intensive industrial applications, such as high-power fixed wireless access, enterprise routers and gateways, indoor and outdoor CPE, and professional broadcasting and surveillance.
The FN980 and FN980m supports:
- Standard M.2 (NGFF) data card form factor
- Support of SA and NSA operations, 5G core network Opt. 3a/3x and Opt. 2 for full network compatibility
- Latest generation 4G/5G Rel. 15
- Intraband and interband UL CA supported on 4G networks for better throughput performance for uplink-centric applications, like surveillance cameras and 4K/8K video streaming
- 3G HSPA+ Rel. 8 for fallback to legacy networks
The LM960A18 data card, powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ SDX20 LTE modem, rivals wired broadband speeds, with data rates of up to 1.2 Gbps download and 150 Mbps upload. For OEMs, the LM960A18 delivers significant flexibility and a competitive edge in quickly deploying next-generation products that offer carrier broadband–like user experience
The LM960A18 supports:
- 4×4 multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO)
- Contiguous intraband uplink carrier aggregation (CA) to enhance data speeds, particularly for enterprise networking and video surveillance applications
- Band 14 for U.S. first responder network public safety products and brand-new life-saving applications
- CBRS and Licensed Assisted Access (LAA) for enhanced performance inside: campuses, small cells and buildings that use the technology to augment cellular service and for private LTE
The LM960A9-P delivers high-speed data and offers a cellular connection for products in private LTE network appliance environments. This cost-effective data card is exceptionally well-suited for products that demand high throughput on private LTE networks.
The LM960A9-P supports:
- LTE Cat 9: very high-speed data rates of up to 452 Mbps download and 51 Mbps upload
- LTE TDD Bands: B42, B43, B48
- Full GNSS support: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- Support of multiple private LTE bands
Deploy New Sites Quickly with Telit M.2 (NGFF) and Mini PCIe Data Cards
The M.2 and mPCIe form factors are popular among connected device manufacturers because they make it easy to integrate wireless connectivity into devices for both commercial and industrial markets.
Ramp Up Your Broadband Performance
We are committed to providing our customers with the modules they need and want to evolve and grow as 5G is adopted worldwide.
Telit Connectivity Solutions
As your data volumes increase, it’s important to have managed connectivity that goes hand in hand with your standard data plan. Be ready for anything with a Telit package that provides connectivity management, provisioning, device retirement and connectivity alerts for devices running in exception.
Say goodbye to service slowdowns and runaway costs. Telit’s connectivity services and management tools can help ensure that all of your devices get reliable, high-speed data at affordable prices.