Manage traffic and parking needs more effectively
As cities start to grow in population, the number of cars begins to increase, which can cause congestion both on the roadways and in the parking lots. Not only is this an inconvenience for commuters, but it can also cause billions of dollars in lost time and wasted fuel. The Internet of Things (IoT) makes it possible for communities to provide safer and more efficient transportation infrastructure to reduce congestion and environmental impact.
Get real-time visibility into traffic conditions
With an end-to-end IoT solution for traffic and parking management, you can use smart sensors to collect real-time data that can then be relayed to drivers or local authorities. This benefits the city by helping:
- Reduce congestion through the monitoring and controlling of traffic lights.
- Provide smart parking solutions that identify and communicate available spaces.
- Identify structural issues with bridges, roadways, and tunnels.
- Allow drivers to automatically pay parking fees and road tolls for greater convenience.
Make your city a safer place
Smarter traffic and parking management benefits drivers, passengers, and everyone who is living, working, and commuting within the city. IoT-enabled smart traffic and parking solutions help make the city a safer place by:
- Providing city authorities with important information about usage and flow of people and resources.
- Sending alerts to drivers and emergency responders on trip conditions, and offering alternative routes.
- Helping reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions by keeping traffic moving more efficiently.
- Improving parking safety for motorists and passengers by carefully guiding drivers to an open spot.
Improve the Commute with Smart Traffic and Parking Solutions
Smart traffic and parking management can transform the way that drivers get from point A to point B. Not only do IoT-enabled traffic and parking solutions make driving more efficient and convenient for a city’s residents, but they can also make transportation safer for everyone in the city. If you want to connect and monitor transportation assets with ease, partner with Telit when creating end-to-end IoT solutions that are scalable and secure.