Make smarter water decisions
While there are many factors that impact the health and quality of a harvest, water is perhaps one of the most vital. Irrigation management plays an important role in ensuring that crops are getting the right amount of water at the right time. The Internet of Things (IoT) is making it easier for farmers to monitor and control water resources to meet demand while also reducing waste and cutting operational costs.
Control water resources to meet demand
Farming uses more water resources than any other industry or activity. A high percentage of this irrigation water is wasted due to lack of supervision and real-time monitoring, which can lead to drought and other resource issues. Smart irrigation systems help farmers conserve more water over time:
- Collect real-time water usage data through remote sensing technologies that allow you to make smarter decisions about water usage.
- Trigger actions based on sensor data to switch water on and off, depending on irrigation needs and level of resources.
- Use insights gathered from data to prevent misuse and underutilization of water resources.
- Quickly detect leaks and faults in pipelines to address issues immediately and reduce water waste.
Improve the efficiency of your crop yields
As the human population continues to grow, demand for crops is at an all-time high. Ultimately, growers want to produce the largest quantity and highest quality agricultural yields in order to meet this demand. Smart irrigation helps growers improve the efficiency and consistency of their yield by enabling smarter water management:
- Stay on top of changing conditions across agricultural environments by tracking temperature, rainfall, humidity, and wind with smart sensors.
- Remotely measure and monitor water moisture levels in soil to ensure that crops are getting optimal water resources.
- Automatically trigger sprinkler systems to address low moisture levels in soil to prevent crop damage or loss.
- Capture valuable data to indicate trends and make forecasts based on a variety of conditions to meet crop demands.
Boost Crop Yields and Reduce Water Waste
Smart irrigation solutions enable growers to reduce water waste, save money, and improve overall crop yields through data-driven water resource management. Partner with Telit to get the tools and resources you need to build effective, cost-saving IoT solutions for irrigation.