Transform the patient experience with wearables
The healthcare industry has been quick to adopt connected medical devices as they can help providers offer a better standard of care while also improving efficiency and lowering operational costs. One of the biggest applications for IoT in the healthcare sphere is wearable devices that allow for remote monitoring of different vital signs and health stats. Wearable healthcare devices allow providers and facilities to stay connected to patients and consumers to gain better visibility into their health.
Provide greater control over health outcomes
Perhaps the greatest benefit of IoT-enabled wearable healthcare devices is that they provide individuals with the information they need to gain better control over their health outcomes. Wearable devices are in high demand because they offer individuals greater visibility into their health status, allowing them to make more informed decisions about their health:
- Individuals can monitor different fitness, health, and wellness factors to track progress toward health goals.
- Those with health conditions that need to be closely monitored can use a wearable device to track important health indicators on a day-to-day basis.
- Patients can share data from their wearable devices with their healthcare providers to provide physicians and other medical staff with a more detailed understanding of conditions.
- Consumers can also connect their devices to social networks, which helps them motivate one another toward healthier living.
Be part of the future of healthcare
The wearables market shows no signs of stopping. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), you can be a part of this revolution in healthcare services by creating smart wearable solutions that allow individuals to gain greater insight into their health status and stay connected to healthcare providers and medical facilities. IoT solutions developed specifically for healthcare make it possible to:
- Keep consumers connected to the cloud no matter where they go, so that their devices can transmit vital data back to the appropriate parties.
- Help healthcare providers get the information they need when they need it by integrating the data into medical systems.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by offering greater protection of important patient data through the proven security of mobile networks.
- Access usage data that allows you to better understand how consumers are using your products in order to make improvements and enhancements to the device and its features.
Join the IoT Wearables Revolution
As healthcare costs skyrocket and consumers look for new ways to improve their health, the demand for IoT-enabled wearables continues to increase. In fact, Forbes predicts that the wearables market will reach $34 billion by 2020. Telit can help you take advantage of this profitable business opportunity by giving you the tools to connect and monitor these wearable devices.