Your Partner for a 5G World
Practical, Proven 5G Modules
5G is here to provide multi-gigabit speeds and ultralow latency. It’s time to incorporate award-winning 5G adapter modules that are reliable, secure and simple to integrate into your products.
Telit offers innovative modules to help you design 5G into your customer premise equipment (CPE), fixed wireless access (FWA), enterprise network appliances, branch routers, video cameras, security devices and other bandwidth-intensive applications.
As a pioneer in cellular broadband technology, Telit has the IoT modules and data cards your products need to empower commerce, factories and enterprises to make the most of 5G.
Watch the Telit 5G Overview Video
- Telit was the first to announce a 5G module and the world’s first global Gigabit-LTE mPCIe card, the LM960.
- Our products are certified to support deployments worldwide.
- Telit products incorporate innovative features, including the industry’s top-performing RF front-ends.
- We provide global support for designers in local languages and time zones.
- Certifications and band support for most of Private LTE and Private 5G efforts globally.
5G-Ready Adapter Modules
Industry experts note that chances of deploying a successful high-bandwidth 5G implementation tomorrow improve immensely from designing and testing with high-category LTE products today.
This practice will prepare you to create the best possible user experience regarding responsiveness, speed and coverage.
The seven-time award winner Telit LM960A18 is the first Gigabit LTE mobile data product explicitly designed for enterprise routers and appliances' stringent requirements.
The global, 23-band product supports LTE-Advanced Pro Category 18 with download speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps. For OEMs, the LM960A18 delivers significant flexibility and a competitive edge in quickly deploying next-generation products that offer a carrier broadband-like user experience.
About the LM960A18
- The market’s only module to support interband uplink carrier aggregation (CA) to enhance data speeds, particularly for enterprise networking and video streaming applications
- 4 x 4 multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO)
- Band 14 for U.S. FirstNet first responder network products and brand-new, life-saving applications
- Band 48 Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) OnGo support leverage spectrum sharing resources to improve performance inside campuses and buildings, enabling the creation of private LTE networks
- Licensed Assisted Access (LAA)
- Multi-constellation satellite positioning and navigation
- LM960A9-P LTE Cat 9 CBRS OnGo-only variant available
As the LTE standard evolves, router and gateway OEMs can leverage the LM960A18 or A9 for high-speed downloads, fast upload speeds and reliability for applications, including:
- High-definition video surveillance
- Digital signage
- Fixed wireless broadband access
Telit is among the first to offer 5G data cards based on Qualcomm Technologies’ second-generation Snapdragon X55 5G modem and antenna modules with integrated radio-frequency (RF) transceiver, RF front-end (RFFE) and antenna elements.
Telit’s award-winning FN980 5G data cards are ideal for a variety of deployments, including:
- Enterprise network appliances
- Branch and remote office routers and gateways
- Customer premises equipment (CPE)
- Bandwidth-intensive applications that require speeds of more than 10 times that of a typical LTE device
- Professional video broadcasting field cameras
- Private and Public 5G for industrial automation (Industry 4.0) routers
- Medical equipment for emergency pop-up field hospitals
Telit 5G data cards support both non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) modes of operation to enable support for all major 5G networks that are expected to be deployed in 5G Phase 1 (based on 3GPP’s Release 15).
Why Telit Uses Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G Modems
Telit 5G data cards are powered by innovative Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G modems, which:
- Allow OEMs to build 5G multimode devices
- Support virtually any combination of spectrum bands and modes
- Allow OEMs to bring a variety of connected devices to 5G networks
- Support private 5G networks
Benefit from the Advantages of 5G
Imagine what a typical 10x reduction in latency could do for a business that relies on telepresence. For a robotic arm that handles hazardous materials, latency approaching 1 millisecond could eliminate the lag time that currently inhibits 5G adoption for closed-loop, mission-critical control systems.
A Dedicated 5G Modem: The Qualcomm Snapdragon X55
Enterprises need more than promises to reap the benefits of 5G. They need proven, practical and secure adapter modules and data cards that speed adoption and integration, enable global expansion, and are based on dependable industry products. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G modem, Qualcomm Technologies’ second-generation 5G New Radio (NR) modem with integrated multi-mode support, is designed to deliver breakthrough wireless performance and accelerate global 5G rollout.
The Next Generation of Cellular Networks
To appreciate the rapid evolution of 5G, consider that the era of cellular telecommunication began with the first generation (1G) of mobile technology in the 1980s. Then came 2G in the early 1990s, followed in the early 2000s by 3G, a disruptive technology based on the Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) standard. In 2010, 4G entered the market with two competing systems, Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and WiMAX. LTE emerged as the standard-bearer and became the fastest-developing mobile technology in history — at least until the emergence of 5G.
LTE has been successfully deployed worldwide to billions of mobile users. Its growth is expected to continue as it evolves with new functionalities that improve the customer experience, reduce network costs and is an integral part of the 5G roadmap.
3GPP: The Mobile Broadband Standard
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards organization has seen commercial launches of 5G networks since 2018. We are amid a rapid transition to a new world of mobile broadband opportunities. The impact of 5G across industries will be dramatic, revolutionizing the IT and telecom ecosystems by enabling exponentially faster mobile data networks with lower latency and smart power management.
For businesses, 5G creates a nearly endless array of new opportunities across various vertical markets. Device manufacturers, communications service providers (CSPs) and other enterprises will be able to offer entirely new services and enhanced solutions that connect the world in previously unheard-of ways.
Telit 5G Advantages
We are leading the industry with the pace of innovations the features that specifically address your requirements, including:
Radio engineering design enabling the broadest carrier aggregation combinations and highest throughput across any 5G coverage
Extensive regulatory and 5G operator certifications enabling expansion into new geographies
Built-in satellite positioning receivers operating under all constellations
Tools and expert tech support for rapid time to market
Running 2G Now and Transitioning to 5G-Ready LTE-M, NB-IoT and LTE Cat 1
Telit makes it easy and cost-effective to keep reliable 5G transition options with various 4G modules and connectivity plans designed for easy integration and long-term availability.
The European landscape for 2G connectivity is very complex, so it’s important to have managed connectivity that goes hand in hand with your standard data plan. Keep the complexity under control with a Telit package that provides connectivity management, provisioning, device retirement and connectivity alerts for devices running in exception.
Telit offers voice and data plans that will work for all of your devices across Europe, including all EU member states and Russia and Turkey. Along with eliminating your roaming headaches, Telit connectivity plans offer great rates and the high availability that businesses require.
While live tv and news broadcast events might be synonymous with the images you’ve seen of rows and rows of satellite trucks, the truth is that a growing number of these live video transmissions are broadcast over cellular networks.
5G Is Here. Are You Ready?
Learn more about how Telit's adapter modules and data cards can help you lead the way to 5G.