Your Partner for a 5G World
Practical, Proven 5G Solutions
You’ve heard enough of the hype and promises around 5G and its multi-gigabit speeds and ultra-low latency. Now it’s time for practical 5G solutions that are reliable, secure and simple to integrate—so you can incorporate them into your products.
Telit offers innovative modules to help you design 5G into your enterprise network appliances, branch routers, video cameras, security devices and other bandwidth-intensive applications.
As a worldwide leader in mobile broadband technology, Telit has the solutions your enterprise needs to make the most of 5G.
- Telit was the first to announce a 5G module and the world’s first global Gigabit-LTE PCI express mini card, the LM960
- We are certified to support enterprises worldwide
- Telit products incorporate innovative features, including the industry’s top-performing RF front ends
- We provide global support for designers in local languages and time zones
Unlocking the Potential of 5G
The significant benefits of 5G—revolutionary speeds, low latency, high resilience, network elasticity, scalability and other game-changing aspects—are creating unprecedented opportunities for business innovation.
Imagine, for instance, what a typical 10x reduction in latency could do for a business that relies on telepresence. For a robotic arm that handles hazardous materials, for instance, latency of less than 10 milliseconds could eliminate the lag time that currently inhibits accuracy and control.
To reap the benefits of 5G, enterprises need more than promises. They need proven, practical and secure solutions that speed adoption and integration, enable global expansion, and are based on dependable industry products. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G modem, Qualcomm Technologies’ second generation 5G New Radio (NR) modem with integrated multi-mode support, is designed to deliver breakthrough wireless performance and accelerate global 5G rollout.
The Next Generation of Cellular Networks
To appreciate the rapid evolution of 5G, consider that the era of cellular telecommunication began with the first generation (1G) of mobile technology in the 1980s. Then came 2G in the early 1990s, followed in the early 2000s by 3G, which at the time was a disruptive technology based on the Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) standard. In 2010, 4G entered the market with two competing systems, Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and WiMAX. Needless to say, LTE emerged as the standard-bearer and became the fastest-developing mobile technology in history—at least until the emergence of 5G.
LTE has been successfully deployed worldwide to billions of mobile users, and its growth is expected to continue as it evolves with new functionalities that improve the customer experience, reduce network costs and is an integral part of the 5G roadmap.
3GPP: The Mobile Broadband Standard
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards organization has seen commercial launches of 5G networks since 2018. We are in the midst of a rapid transition to a new world of mobile broadband opportunities. The impact of 5G on industry will be dramatic, revolutionizing the IT and telecom ecosystems by enabling exponentially faster mobile data networks with lower latency and smart power management.
For businesses, 5G creates a nearly endless array of new opportunities across a wide range of vertical markets. Device manufacturers, communications service providers (CSPs) and other enterprises will be able to offer entirely new services and enhanced solutions that connect the world in previously unheard-of ways.
Telit 5G Advantages
We are leading the industry not only with the pace of innovations but with the features that designers and engineers depend on, including:
Certifications in multiple countries, enabling expansion into new geographies
Integration tools and tech support, so you can get your products to market faster
Built-in satellite positioning receivers that specifically address your requirements
5G Ready Modules
Importantly, industry experts note that deploying a successful high-bandwidth 5G implementation tomorrow requires design and testing with high-category LTE products today.
This practice will prepare you to create the best possible user experience in terms of responsiveness, speed, and coverage.
The Telit LM960 is the first Gigabit-LTE mobile data product designed specifically for the stringent requirements of enterprise routers and appliances.
The global, 23-band product supports LTE Advanced Pro Category 18 with download speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps. For OEMs, the LM960 delivers significant flexibility and a competitive edge in quickly deploying next-generation products that offer a carrier broadband-like user experience.
The LM960 supports:
- 4×4 multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO), intraband uplink carrier aggregation (CA) to enhance data speeds, particularly for enterprise networking and video streaming applications
- Band 14 for U.S. FirstNet first responder network products and brand-new life-saving applications
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) and Licensed Assisted Access (LAA) support leverage spectrum sharing resources to improve performance inside campuses, and buildings, enabling the creation of private LTE networks
- Multi-constellation satellite positioning and navigation
As the LTE standard evolves, router and gateway OEMs can leverage the LM960 not only for high-speed downloads but also for fast upload speeds and reliability for applications, including:
- High-definition video surveillance
- Digital signage
- Fixed wireless broadband access
Telit 5G Data Cards
Telit is among the first to offer data cards based on Qualcomm Technologies’ second-generation Snapdragon X55 5G modem and antenna modules with integrated radio-frequency (RF) transceiver, RF front-end (RFFE) and antenna elements.
Telit’s 5G data cards are ideal for a variety of deployments, including:
- Enterprise network appliances
- Branch and remote office routers and gateways
- Customer premises equipment (CPE)
- Bandwidth-intensive applications that require speeds of more than 10 times that of a typical LTE device
Telit 5G data cards support both non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) modes of operation to enable support for all major 5G networks that are expected to be deployed.
Why Telit Uses Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G Modems
Telit 5G data cards are powered by innovative Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G modems, which:
- Allow OEMs to build 5G multimode devices
- Support virtually any combination of spectrum bands and modes
- Allow OEMs to bring a variety of connected devices to 5G networks
5G is Here. Are You Ready?
To learn more about how Telit's products can help you lead the way to 5G.