The SE150A4 series is Telit’s first generation of smart modules with Android that supports LTE Cat 4, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and an embedded GNSS receiver in one package.
Powered by the Qualcomm® quad-core ARM® Cortex®-A53 64-bit processor with built-in Adreno™ 308 GPU, the SE150A4 modules are ideal for industrial and consumer applications requiring high data rates, multimedia functions and edge computing capabilities. They provide interfaces to easily connect to displays, cameras and various sensors and come with high-performance application processing and graphical processing power to boost the next generation of smart IoT devices requiring multimedia capabilities.
Android allows easy, flexible and streamlined application development and opens access to the biggest software ecosystem for enhanced innovation.
SE150A4 series modules deliver maximum data rates of up to 150 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink over the LTE network and support Wi-Fi communication in compliance with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.2. They also embed a multi-constellation and high-sensitivity GNSS (GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS and Galileo) receiver for precise positioning. The compact LCC+LGA 40.5 x 40.5 mm form factor allows easy integration in portable devices.
With the functionality and integrated resources in these compact modules, developers can easily and quickly develop user-friendly, touch-screen-equipped, IoT-enabled devices.
- Pre-certified processing power, rich multimedia experience and reliable wireless connectivity in one package for fast time to market
- Android for easy application development
- Exceptional application and system performance based on the quad-core A53 @1.53 GHz 64-bit processor
- Enhanced mobile rendering APIs for image and video applications via Adreno 308 GPU
- Powered by two Qualcomm Hexagon™ QDSP6 v56 @691 MHz
- Supports up to 13 MP camera
- Supports recording and playback of 1080p video at 30 FPS
- Multi-mode 4G/3G/2G cellular radio for wide-area network coverage
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for short-range communications
- Onboard multi-constellation GNSS positioning receiver
A rich set of interfaces, including but not limited to LCM, camera, touch screen, microphone, headset, speaker, SDIO 3.0, USB 2.0, UART, SPI and I2C, make these modules perfect for a wide range of use cases.
- Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS), smart cash registers and vending machines
- Smart alarm panels
- Security surveillance cameras and home automation security systems
- Smart home gateways
- Smart robots
- Industrial personal digital assistants (PDA)
- Handheld PCs and tablets
- Police and law enforcement equipment
- Telematics cameras
- Digital video recorders (DVR)
- In-car video
- The SE150A4-NA for North America offers wide band support, including AT&T FirstNet Band 14 and T-Mobile U.S. specifical Bands 66 and 71.
- The SE150A4-EU for Europe and the rest of the world includes support for Band 28 and fallback to legacy 3G and 2G technologies.
SE150A4 Smart Module Development Kit
The Telit SE150A4 smart module development kit is a rich and flexible tool designed to provide engineers and developers with edge processing power, rich multimedia experience and multiple connectivity options (cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GNSS), all into one highly integrated package.