Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy plug-and-play module
The BlueMod+S42 is a high-performance Bluetooth 4.2 qualified single mode module. It features very low energy consumption and flexibility for designers such as Terminal I/O profile for serial cable replacement use cases as well as most GATT based Bluetooth profiles through a generic GATT implementation. Part of the BlueMod+Sx family, the BlueMod+S42 is swappable with previous generations without requiring new hardware or software spins. Although a single mode low energy module it offers a high throughput of up to 470kbit/s using Telit’s unique SPP like Terminal I/O service.
Telit’s BlueDev+S42 developer kits enables rapid prototyping of customer’s own firmware: solutions are based on a simple and powerful scripting language, Lua, supported by Telit Appzone development environment or using silicon vendor SDK for C++ development.
The evaluation kits BlueEva+S42 are available to support Telit customers to evaluate and implement Bluetooth modules in their application. For each of the different FW Versions a separate Evaluation Kit is available.
Key Features: BlueMod+S42
- Standalone IOT platform or Bluetooth hosted applications
- Bluetooth v4.2 qualified module
- RED, FCC, IC, KC, MIC, RCM, Anatel certified
- Powerful Cortex M4F MCU
- Designed for low power applications
- Best of its class range performance
- Best of its class throughput performance
- Generic GATT Client or Server Implementation
- Point to point or point to multipoint communications
- Terminal I/O Profile (SPP-like) for fast and easy transparent data transfer
- Automation I/O Profile for digital and analog status information transfer
- Terminal I/O and Automation I/O Sample code for iOS and Android
- NFC Support for secure simple pairing
- LE Secure Connection with 128bit AES encryption
Central: Terminal I/O and GATT for transparent point to (multi-) point cable replacement applications
- Terminal I/O central and peripheral support for fast and easy data exchange
- Host access to up to 4 concurrent connections
- Host access to generic GATT client for data exchange with third party devices
- Host access to BT scanning functionality for implementing location based services (RSSI based)
- Support for OTA Firmware update
- iOS and Android sample application available in source code
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Telit is under license.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Need Some More Information?
For nearly 20 years, companies like yours begin their projects with Telit when they want it done right and on time. Connectivity, cloud, device design support, IoT platforms--whether it’s answering a quick question or brainstorming a solution to a problem, we’re here to help.