The firmware that runs in any IoT module is complex yet often overlooked. Everything that makes devices smart goes through this module. As such, it’s on the front line of your IoT device’s security. However, most device manufacturers don’t know what the firmware is doing or who wrote it.
This firmware is responsible for many tasks, including:
- The communication technology protocols
- An application interface that gives control and notifications about module behavior
- Device security
It’s easy to dismiss modules as a simple radio or wire. However, IoT is evolving. Modules require special features (e.g., security features to mitigate threats) and resources to support various use cases, including:
- Internet services
- Device management services
- Full application integration
If your IoT modules don’t come from a trusted provider, devices like smart meters can be compromised. Unsecured modules leave the door open for hackers and other bad actors. Security breaches in critical infrastructure devices can have catastrophic consequences.
Join us for a webinar to explore IoT firmware and how essential it is to choose a secure IoT provider. In addition, we’ll explore the impact of cybersecurity threats on critical infrastructure and why it’s important to trust your module supplier.
Attendees will learn:
- What IoT firmware is and its role in IoT devices
- Why it’s critical to know who controls your device and firmware security
- The security risks critical infrastructure faces and how a secure IoT module vendor can help you overcome them