Long pauses when receiving characters or fast typing causes characters to be lost

4 thoughts on “Long pauses when receiving characters or fast typing causes characters to be lost

  1. Hello,

     

    I am using a Telit CC864-DUAL module and an evaluation board.

     

    On my laptop I have two hyperterm apps running: one connected to the evaluation board USB port, and one connected to the  module via TCP/IP.

     

    I set the module up for a TCP listener connection.

     

    Problem #1:

    I type one character in the TCP/IP window. I wait, sometimes 30 seconds or more, for the character to appear in the USB window.

     

    This is too slow, is there some sort of bug or am I doing something wrong?

     

    Problem #2:

    If I type quickly in the TCP/IP window, more characters appear in the USB window, but I do not get all characters: sometimes one or more are dropped, other times there is a long pause and then several characters show up at once.

     

    Both problems happen when typing in the USB window or the TCP/IP window.

     

    What is going one here? Is something not configured correctly?

    Anything you can do to help me would be most appreciated!

     

    thanks,

     

    tony o.

     

    1. I would suggest:

      – report and update to latest firmware

      – report laptop OS version, try the same from another machine

      – use the latest USB drivers

      – use a proper net client not hyperterm

      – use 2 different machines for server client (strange but why not exclude as much as possible reasons)

      – use no hardware flow control, then try with hw flow enabled; check also if USB driver is configured in the same way

      – report the way you configured and use the socket

       

       

  2. – report and update to latest firmware

    Module reports SW version as 09.01.023-B021. I found the firmware update FAQ, but not the .exe file or the firmware binaries. Where are they located?

     

    – report laptop OS version, try the same from another machine

    I have tried this with machines using XP, Vista, and Win7.

     

    – use the latest USB drivers

    You mean the eval board USB drivers? It works the same way for both the eval board or in the embedded product, so I doubt that is the problem.

     

    – use a proper net client not hyperterm

    See above, the delay is the same using either the eval board or the embedded product.

     

    – use 2 different machines for server client (strange but why not exclude as much as possible reasons)

    I

  3. It looks like my las post was truncated, so here is a brief listing of the setup commands I am using. I left out the code that sends and waits for a response:

     

        printf(“telit_config: Setting Telit module TCP settings\n”);

     

       sprintf(buf, “AT#CDMADC=0\r”);   // clear CDMA Data connection

       sprintf(buf, “AT#FRWL=2\r”);     // clear firewall

       sprintf(buf, “AT#FRWL=1,\”255.255.255.255\”, \”0.0.0.0\”\r”);// set firewall to accept any IP

     

       int tmp = 1;         // 1=100msec

       sprintf(buf, “AT#DSTO=%d\r”, tmp);    // set transmission timeout

       

       tmp = 300;          // 1=1sec

       sprintf(buf, “AT#SKTTO=%d\r”, tmp);    // set socket close timeout

     

       tmp = 1000;          // 1=100msec

       sprintf(buf, “AT#SKTCT=%d\r”, tmp);    // set TCP 1st connect close timeout

     

       tmp = BUFIO_MAX;        // 1=1 byte packet, max is 1500

       sprintf(buf, “AT#PKTSZ=%d\r”, tmp);

     

       sprintf(buf, “AT#CDMADC=1\r”);     // set CDMA Data connection

       sprintf(buf, “AT#SKTL=1,0,%d\r”, NV_USER.COMM_MODULE_TCP_port);// set TCP listener connection