Hello, I’m having some problem trying to perform a remote update using OTA server tool:
First: most times the tool doesn’t send the sms to the remote unit (it says: Fail reason: Modem Disconnetced). Obviously the local modem is in default configuration mode (no appzone).
Second: when the sms is sent succesfully only one time the remote modem tried to connect with the OTA server tool and perform an update.
To try to understand and solve the problem I’m trying many ways:
1. testing G30:
If I try to send an sms using at commands directly to the G30 (simple text with CMGF=1) all works fine (so the modem, the sim and the sms message center is all configured).
2. testing OTAserver tool:
I tried to read from RS232 port using a terminal to see what "at command" the tool send to the modem and repling by hand with "OK" I can see all the data sent from OTA tool to the modem:
In this way the OTA tool say "sent succesfully".
Decoding the PDU formatted text I found this (two sms concatenated) :
To make the OTA upgrade, you need to consider few factors, including the network the server runs on and the client application and see that they are all defined according to the instructions in the AppZone user manual.
We have now a new Delta OTA tool and a new firmware & documents to use for OTA upgrades.
You can contact me directly via mail – Or.Prat@telit.com
and i will give you all the information and files needed so you can can check
the OTA upgrade with the new environment.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Knowledge Base & Download Zone