I recently purchased two GM862-quad units and have been trying them.
I am impressed!
However, the AT#FTPGETPKT command simply returns "ERROR" whereas AT#FTPGET works fine with the same file.
In similar manner, AT#PING also returns "ERROR" while other commands such as AT#QDNS work as described.
My firmware is 07.03.600
Does anyone have any idea why these two commands are not working? I have used dozens of other commands and everything else I have tried works very well and as described.
I am using SELINT=2.
Best Regards,David Kerr
The QUAD version of GM862 has some time since is not in production anymore, many new commands not being available at its time; you can track changes looking in "Telit Delta SW" docs for each revision. I think there is a 7.03.601 firmware for your modules (and the last one) and its Delta doc mentions AT#FTPGETPKT and AT#PING as new commands.
How do I get new firmware, tools and documentation files from Telit?
Hi Cosmin, thank you for the fast reply. Do you ever have any sleep?
I did not realise I was buying "old product". However, it will be more than enough for my project. However, I would like the FTP functionality.
I have read your FAQ on firmware update, However, other people have had even older firmware than me and Mikroelektronika are not able to help. I think some of the modules they sell have been sitting in their warehouse for a while, thus they have older firmware.
I do not have access to the download zone.
So, how can I get the 7.03.601 firmware and the xfp.exe tool?
Check your email Dave.
Hi Cosmin, thanks very much.
I have upgraded the firmware and those commands now work perfectly.
I have seen a couple of other questions about module firmware upgrade. So, for the benefit of others:
a. Even though my main projects involve driving the modules from PIC microcontrollers (running compiled C code), for the firmware upgrade and testing, I made a simple level converter from a MAX232 and 78L05 5V regulator. This only took 10 minutes.
b. The MAX232 (5V inputs/outputs) drives the module through transistor drivers on a MikroElektronika development board.
c. The PC was an ASUS netbook. I do most of my work on Linux but for the upgrade used a dual-boot Windows XP with Xfp.exe tool installed.
d. I used only Tx, Rx, Gnd and did not bother with RTS/CTS. Speed was 115K and the upgrade took just under 8 minutes.I used a Keyspan 19H usb-serial adaptor set for bulk transfer/high-speed mode. This particular adaptor is one of the better ones in the marketplace. I have others but did not try them as I wanted to minimize risks to the firmware upgrade.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Knowledge Base & Download Zone