As part of Telit's Distribution Strategy, the company will select new partners who can offer specialized services. These partners will form Telit's Competence Centers. Competence Centers will attract new business for Telit by offering design, development and integration assistance. Participants will be carefully chosen for their special skills in engineering design and will complement the company's current distributors as well as be responsible for promoting and indirectly increasing sales of Telit modules. The added activity will grow Telit's presence in various regions and generate new business for all partners.
The main task of the Competence Center will be to identify and execute a design for a specific customer application based on Telit technology. In conjunction with Telit's distribution network, Competence Centers will work with customers to develop concepts and ideas to realize target solutions for GSM/GPRS products. Their business will be generated from and within their own company and Competence Centers shall comply with the Telit Design Registration Scheme.
Competence Center Partners Should have the Following Skills
- An established design department with a successful track record of GSM/GPRS designs
- Proven experience in hardware, software and mechanical design
- Experience with the approval and certification process, preferably in several countries
- Knowledge and proven experience with all main electronic concepts associated with design, prototyping and manufacturing
- An ability to design cost-effective and reliable end solutions
- A portfolio of exclusive and non-exclusive designs based on Telit wireless modules
- Contacts in overseas markets and with local manufacturing partners
The Competence Centers will report to a Regional Sales Director for commercial issues, and a Telit Technical Support Representative will be assigned to provide engineering support.