Telit Corporate Quality and Environmental Policy
Telit Quality mission is to provide to customers products and services, namely the design, engineering, manufacturing and sales of user terminal telecommunication equipment and M2M modules. This mission is achieved via:
- Quality, a continuous commitment in all stages of product life-cycle to improve the quality levels of its mission area assets:
- Operations efficiency towards EMS contract manufacturers;
- Sales and customer service performances.
- Investment Protection, with products that are designed to bring technology enhancements to integrators such as higher data rates and the latest wireless standards while maintaining backward compatibility in form factor and logical interfaces.
- Ease of Integration, with product and service offerings that are designed to accelerate the integrator's time-to-market and improve the overall development experience.
- Business Scalable, with product families that enable integrators to easily move between products without having to redevelop their application in order to address issues such as an increase in mass volume production.
Telit Environmental mission is focused on a continuous commitment to:
- improve environmental performances, through the definition and monitoring of environmental objectives and targets;
- prevent pollution, minimizing negative environmental impacts relating to its activities, products and services;
- legal compliance, concerning laws and regulatory applicable to its products and its environmental aspects.
To accomplish this target, Company resources are committed to:
- Implementation, as possible, of a policy of saving resources, especially as energy;
- Reduction at source and differentiation in the production of wastes;
- Control of air emissions and water discharges;
Sensitizing suppliers on the contents of environmental policy and involving them, as possible, in the environmental aspects and impacts related to products / services they provide;
Developing products with lower environmental impact along the whole life-cycle, from raw materials, along production process until to delivery to customer, at accessible costs.
This certification covers all Telit business operations, centered on design, industrialization, commercialization, and services of terminal telecommunication equipment, which are developed in its main locations:
- EMEA - Telit Communications SpA, headquarters, Trieste, Italy
- EMEA - Telit Communications SpA, R&D Center, Cagliari, Italy
- AMERICAS - Telit Wireless Solutions Inc. Raleigh, USA, NC
- APAC - Telit Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. Seoul, Korea
ISO 14001:2004 specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes, and information about significant environmental aspects. It applies to those environmental aspects that the organization identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence. It does not itself state specific environmental performance criteria.
- EMEA - Telit Communications SpA, headquarters, Trieste Italy
Telit complies the ISO/TS16949 automotive industry certification beyond manufacturing, now including R&D and support functions worldwide, rare among m2m module manufacturers. The objective of ISO/TS16949 is the development of a quality management system that provides for continuous improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the automotive supply chain. It is based on the more popular and generic ISO 9001 specification but fine-tuned to the stricter requirements of the automotive industry particularly with respect to full product and component traceability over the entire automotive supply chain.
Since 2010, Telit has incorporated ISO/TS16949 assembly lines and processes and now joins a small group of top-tier M2M module manufacturers to achieve the stringent certification at a corporate level for its key R&D and corporate offices. Broad corporate ISO/TS16949 certification is not uncommon in the automotive electronics industry, yet most industry players holding this level of certification manufacture their automotive products from company-owned and operated manufacturing facilities. By achieving this degree of certification with partnered manufacturing, Telit joins a very small group of automotive electronics suppliers which have been able to demonstrate certification-compliant quality control and process management despite the daunting complexities inherent to contracted manufacturing.
Telit's ISO/TS16949 facilities now include Trieste, Italy certified for R&D and support functions; Raleigh, NC, USA and Shenzen, China certified for support functions; and manufacturing locations with ML&S and BYD in Greifswald, Germany and Huizhou-Guangdong, China respectively.
RoHS Compliant (RoHS directive 2002/95/EC)
Telit complies with the declaration of EU restriction of use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. (RoHS directive 2002/95/EC).This regulation requires manufacturers to find new materials and develop new engineering processes for the creation of electronic equipment, including network adapters. The RoHS regulation is specific to the sale of electronic equipment within the EU. However, other countries are exploring similar regulations. As an example, China began in February 2007, the first phase, which involves "marks and disclosure" process for products.
Telit provides the RoHS certification for each of its m2m modules, in order to guarantee the best performance while respecting the environment.
Telit's quality management system is committed to setting up customer oriented processes assuring satisfactory performance to both the company and its customers.