The Telit Evaluation Kit (EVK2) provides a robust, future-proof and flexible environment to streamline all application development based on Telit GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, CDMA 1x/EV-DO, and LTE module families, significantly reducing time-to-market.
The kit includes a motherboard and an adapter board where the target module is connected. This concept allows the EVK2 to be used across various form factors and product generations, both present and future.
The motherboard includes the basic interfaces such as power input, SIM card holder, audio monitor outputs, RS-232, and USB; as well as a Reset button and power switch. The circuit implemented in the EVK2 motherboard is based on the recommended reference design for the module's peripheral components and I/O connections.
Adapter boards are available for all the different module families. Adapter boards for modules with board-to-board connectors may be used for development with a number of different target modules sharing the same form factor.
The Telit EVK2 is a tool designed for engineers, programmers, and developers who are looking to:
- Develop and test applications based on current and future Telit GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, CDMA 1x/EV-DO and LTE module families via AT commands through serial ports
- Program and/or update any Telit module
- Debug and/or Improve applications based on Telit modules
- Implement simple applications (stand alone function) by executing scripts with a Python interpreter-equipped module without the need for an external microprocessor
- Develop a first-pass proof-of-concept device for a new application
Works for all Telit cellular module families